Good Saturday morning to everyone! Just finished a great read in Advantages Magazine by Jennifer Vishnevsky…..15 Ways to Make Business come to YOU !
As sales people we spend a great deal of our time and energy chasing the business…as we all should! However, if we can “market” ourselves, products and
organizations more effectively and have the “business come to us”….how much more could we sell? Take a few moments and think about these 15 “tools” that
we can all use to our advantage….and have business come back to us!
1) Email…Send “targeted” emails and the orders will come!
2) Magic…. OK not all of us are magicians…but we all have “talents” …if you are doing ANYTHING as a hobby or “gig” ..incorporate a little “sales” into it! It will provide more prospective business!
3) Get your NAME in print… Don’t be shy…tout yourself, your products and company in new bulletins or story lines to industry magazines and on-line sites. BLOG ( now who does that regularly ? ) etc.
4) Social Media…. USE IT ! This blog will go to my Facebook and LinkedIn accounts…. why not? You should also have a “brief commercial” in your profiles on both!
5) Obtain Certified “woman owned or minority owned business” if applicble…there are MANY companies that seek them out!
6) Attend Business Roundtables and participate!
7) Identify anything that is “stopping you” from selling…and make adjustments to correct!
8) Used “gated” content..Write a “white paper” and place it on your website…have a “catch title” like Five Tips to Success!.
9) Write a short book on your industry and have it digitally produced and “leave it behind” with you clients and prospects!
10) Make yourself available as a speaker …and participate in speaking events !
11) Teach…. Offer to “teach or speak to” a class at the local university or community college
12) Offer to “Guest Write” to blogs or Websites…. ( I would welcome a guest blog here at the Euby blog ! )
13) Create Compelling Content….from the headline to the information provided.
14) Get active on-line… PARTISIPATE….BLOG…. respond to your peers on lists or groups on-line!
15) Euby’s Favorite….ASK for referrals ! There is nothing more powerful than a “trusted friend” of a prospect introducing you!
Ok there you have it…. 15 ways…to send business YOUR WAY! Thanks to Jennifer and Advantages for a great thought-provoking
read that sparked a few “Euby thoughts” above….even on a early Saturday morning. Have a great weekend ! Euby
For those of you who made the trip….you know exactly what I am talking about in my title line above!
PSDA Print Solutions in Baltimore provided those of us in attendance with a unique experience due to
some scheduling conflicts that were unavoidable due to legacy contracts and agreements. ….. BUT….
( always pay close attention to the words that follow BUT ) due to the lighter traffic than normal….those
in attendance had QUALITY time in the booths….distributors had TIME to speak with the suppliers and
the suppliers had time to really access the areas where they could build their business with the distributors.
“No Lines…No Waiting” kept popping into my mind…. Suppliers excited to see the next person…and very
few interruptions. I learned more about my current ( and new suppliers ) in the two days on the show floor
than ever before.
The Education provided was outstanding….with many options to choose from….and the LinkedIn marketing
presentation provided my ROI in one session!
The 3 new incoming board members were officially announced and joined in their first board meeting headed
by Joe Webb immediately following the closing of the event! Joe and the new board have a lot of work ahead of
them and a hard “act to follow” after the incredible achievements during a most challenging time under the leadership
of President Prettyman! But they are up to the challenge…. and are already off and running ! As we progress thru this new
board year….I will keep you updated via the Euby Blog!
Have a great Fathers Day ! Be sure to wish your father and all fathers a very special Fathers Day ! Euby