Let’s face it, March Madness is one of the best times of the year, fitting right in during a pro-sport lull. There’s nothing better than watching the underdogs take it to the big guys (even when you’re a fan of the big guys).
Thinking about this weekend’s upcoming games (really, I am not obsessing at all!), I realized that sales professionals can learn a thing or two from these kids out there battling their way to the big dance.
- Don’t dismiss your competition even if everyone else seems to be—VCU barely made it to the table in the first place
- Even though everyone tells you that you’re the best, if someone else wants it more, you’ll lose out—just ask the Blue Devils, Jayhawks, Buckeyes, and Panthers
- Don’t be afraid to give your brand a little character, it leaves a lasting impression that stays with the customer at decision time—Kemba Walker, Jimmer Fredette, Matt Howard
- You’re never too young to take on the big guys—and win—Brad Stevens, Shaka Smart
- Be willing to give your sales team that extra push and it can pay major dividends—see Josh Harrellson
- Never give up—there’s always overtime—VCU, Butler
Have a great weekend and enjoy the games (even if we’re not rooting for the same teams)! Wishing everyone a safe and
restful weekend! Euby